Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer fun

I haven't updated in awhile so I figured it was about time, much has happened in our little world this summer! Just to let you know now, this is a long entry, but oh so interesting so keep reading! We kicked off the summer at the annual Fry fish fry at Aunt Pat and Uncle Mike's house. We love stollin' through their property, the pictures just never do it justice. And then we were blessed to get the whole McCoy clan together (immediate fam) ,with the exception of Kylie's crew, for some quality time before everyone's schedules got nuts.

Me and Justin were blessed to get to visit with our friends Kylee, Cheyenne, and Ferron Jean when they came to town to run a 5k with me about 1 month ago. I was a bit out of shape but it was worth it for a good visit with Kylee Jean! They're going to move here someday, they just dont know it yet :)










Justin finished our media console table and despite his concerns about it not being perfect, our TV now has a home and I love it!

 We also had a an unfortunate series of events regarding our ongoing car situation, Justin was in an accident. Luckily he is alright and it only involved one other vehicle...who was at fault by the way. So, we've been carpooling to work for the last 2 weeks. Not a big deal except that I work the opposite direction from his work so he drives an extra 40 minutes everyday. But I gotta say, its been nice to ride to work together, what a great start to my day! And to top it all off, we didnt have AC for three days about 2 weeks ago! Its doesnt sound too bad but try sleeping without AC, it was rough. We decided for the 3rd night we would get a hotel. We picked up a pizza, cranked the AC, and went to bed early...it was awesome! And we even got a good breakfast and coffee for the road to work the next morning!

On a more positive note, we got to visit with the Smiths when they came up to visit a few weekends ago. We went to the Rangers game and then went to a zoo-like place called Sharkarosa. It was hot but well worth it! There were baby kangaroos, baby zebras, and we even got to pet a baby lemur.



My sister and nephews got to stop by and meet us as Bass Pro Shop by our house on their way in from visiting Texarkana. Nathan and Tate wanted to go "hunt" for Justin in the store (he was helping some buddies buy a gun) so we ventured through the whole place and when they finally found him they were so excited! I think its going to be fun having them around this year!

This summer has been fun but I am ready for some more of it! Justin and his buddies are running in a Mud Run 5k this weekend and next weekend we get to go to the lake with my fam! Crazy but its the first time to the lake this year, how sad is that!? Casey and Christie will be in town and Kylie and the boys, bring on the fun! Hope you enjoyed my update, I'm sure this is only remotely interesting to family but I just wanted to keep those I am not fortunate enough to see on a daily basis updated on our lives!

1 comment: