Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer, Summer, Summer

A little update on my job search...its still going. I have had 5 interviews so far and one coming up on the 21st. I had a bit of a letdown with the past company...I thought I had it, but something is bound to happen so I am staying positive.

Despite the Texas heat, the fact that Ive only been to the lake once, and that I have only eaten watermelon one time so far, I love Summer! Me and Justin have had a few adventures this summer. We went to the Dallas World Aquarium and saw a monkey thats so small it could fit in your palm. They had sharks, manatees, alligators and a mommy monkey carrying a baby on her back. I have to say that the monkeys were my favorite part, they were incredible. And then my car got a flat so the day ended a bit sweaty but it was worth it.

My Dad came up to help us with Justin's truck and we had a great visit. We had a bunch of friends over for the 4th of July. We had more than enough food and got to see some fireworks. And although the fireworks show we saw was not the greatest, we got to eat watermelon in the nice summer night weather.









 I also got 2 new plants and they are still living!! Its only been a week, give it time, but they are so pretty right now. I got a Mexican Heather and a hanging Vinca. They really add a lot to our tiny patio! There will be lots of family and friend visiting the rest of summer as I hope to go to Austin soon. I got to visit with my good friend Meagan today, how great to have friends who know you so well! And I know there is more in store for our summer but yay so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment