Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sewing fun and a family update

Alright, so its no secret that I am not the most domestic woman out there. However, I want to improve in that area and am doing so by trying to learn to sew. I can sew a straight line, no problem. That sums up piecing together a quilt top. But the question now is, can I make a simple skirt that looks any good? I found a blogspot that I have enjoyed reading called freshlypicked.blogspot.com and I encourgae you to check it out. This lady is super crafty but her stuff looks very professional too. I made the skirt from her 'elastic skirt, mama edition' tutorial and it turned out just the way it was supposed to but it was VERY unflattering on me...even though it looked darling on her in the picture. SO, with that experiment in the works, it got me very motivated to try and really sew a skirt worth wearing. I will post my progress and I would love it if any of you had any suggestions/patterns/tips/easy-to-sew ideas. Ill be back, hopefully with a finished product!

Update on the family:
Just a quick update on my family...my dad just went in for an angiogram where they shoot dye into his heart area and find any blockages. He had 2 stints put in and it went smoothly. They are going to go in a little later to check on another area but thank the Lord they could fix the problem happening now. My mom was lucky to have her sister, my aunt Kerry, come down and hang out in the hospital with her. She said dad had many visitors, mostly of which was family. We are so blessed and God is so good.

Justin is finishing up training at his new job and will start next week on the phones by himself. He seems to be adjusted to the Dallas area and says there are many new food joints we will have to try. I love finding new places that are unique to the area. We got a little apartment there so me and Dixie dog are going to come visit this coming weekend and stay awhile (its my Spring Break). I have an interview on Tuesday and am very eager to see what the potential job could entail. Prayers for peace regarding finding a job would be greatly appreciated. Even if it doesnt work out in my favor, it gives me hope that there might be a place out there for me in the job world. God will use me wherever I end up. Alright...Ill be back with more in a bit!

1 comment: