Monday, February 28, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake

In my attempts to become more domestic I tried out a new recipe and it turned out great! Justin came in this past weekend to visit (for those of you who dont know, he got a job in Dallas and Ill join him when my job finishes) and I wanted to eat yummy food all weekend so I made red beans and rice and pumpkin cheesecake. This recipe tastes very pumpkiny so if you dont like pumpkin pie, you probably wont like this. But for the rest of you, its delicious! The recipe came from the infamous Paula Dean so I knew it couldnt be bad. Easy and yummy...this coming from someone who always manages to butcher easy recipes. I wish you happy baking!

Ingredients: 
graham cracker crust (this recipe fills 2 store bought graham cracker crusts)

3 packages of cream cheese (8 ounce bars)- ROOM TEMP
1 can pumpkin
3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cloves
2 Tbs. flour
1 tsp. vanilla


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-BEAT cream cheese until smooth (use mixer).
-ADD pumpkin, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar, spices, flour, and vanilla
-BEAT together until smooth- higher speeds gets rid of lumps
COOK for 1 hour; let sit for 15 minutes, THEN refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

2 comments:

  1. Well welcome to Dallas! Where will Justin be working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with the blog! I'll enjoy keeping up with you this way and wish you more success than I at keeping up with a blog. Glad to hear the pumpkin cheesecake turned out great. I'll be trying it when Eric gets home!

    ReplyDelete